Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author, David C. Matthews (unless otherwise indicated). Images used are copyrighted by their respective owners, and appear under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright laws.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The URL

I suppose I should explain the URL. If you're a fan of the show, especially the original 1967 incarnation, you'll recognize the name "mekkor"... the leader of a fleet of small but deadly robots that would've overrun Amzot had not the Herculoids finally defeated them.

Of course, I originally wanted the URL "herculoids.blogspot.com", but was told that name was "Not Available", even though entering that address into the browser returns a "Blog Not Found" message. Ditto "hercblog", "zok" and "tara". (In hindsight, I probably should've also tried "zandor", "dorno", "tundro", "igoo", or maybe even "gloopgleep"?) Still I wanted something distinctive yet easily remembered... by me, if nobody else. And the name "Mekkor" stuck in my brain all these years; so much so that when the idea finally struck me that just maybe YouTube might have some Herculoids episodes available, the episode "Mekkor" was one of the first I looked for. (I'll have more to say about the availability of Herculoids on YouTube in a future post.)

So anyway, "mekkor.blogspot.com" it is. You have to admit, it's a lot easier to type than the name of my other blog, "dcmstudiosonlinenews.blogspot.com"!

No comments:

Post a Comment