Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author, David C. Matthews (unless otherwise indicated). Images used are copyrighted by their respective owners, and appear under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright laws.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tara in pastels

UPDATE: I wasn't really happy with the previous drawing, so a couple of weeks later I tried again, with a result that I'm more satisfied with:
Tara in Pastels 2 by *dcmatthews on deviantART

**********

Herculoids fan + slow day at the job + access to art materials = portrait of Tara:


Tara in pastels by *dcmatthews on deviantART

The more I look at it, though, the more I find wrong with it. I think I got the mouth too big, for one. And I wish I'd made the jaw a little rounder at the corners. Still, it was a way to a) kill some time, and b) draw (pun intended) attention to the fact that there was an artist on the street! An artist who'd draw your portrait or caricature for a nominal fee.

(I went with Tara to see if anyone recognized her.) (They didn't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment