Disclaimer

Opinions expressed on this blog are solely those of the author, David C. Matthews (unless otherwise indicated). Images used are copyrighted by their respective owners, and appear under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright laws.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Preview video clip for Herculoids DVD!

The website TV Shows on DVD has been great at alerting me about news of the release of The Herculoids - The Complete Original Animated Series from Warner Archives. And now, they've posted a video clip from the set!

The order page for the DVD states that "This film has been manufactured from the best-quality video master currently available and has not been remastered or restored specifically for this DVD and Digital Download release" (emphasis mine), but still, if the preview clip is any indication of the quality of the rest of the set, it'll still look GREAT! And I am even happier than before that I already have my pre-order in for it. I am stoked! Once I receive the Herculoids set, my three favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoons shows (also including Space Ghost and Jonny Quest) will be in my collection on DVD, fulfilling a long-time desire.

BTW, those of you who are fans of the show might just recognize the clip as an excerpt from the episode "Mekkor", which I'll be reviewing episode after next (next up is "The Spider Man" - and no, no Marvel characters appear in that story!).

UPDATE: Found another preview clip! This one's from "The Pod Creatures".

UPATE 2: Found a third clip on YouTube; once again, from "Mekkor". This one, though, needs a spoiler warning because it gives away the climax of the cartoon.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see video clips of the show that are better quality. Most of the episodes I've seen online and on TV were rather poor imo. So I'm glad WB went to the vault and used the best quality video-master for these episodes. Fantastic finds and kudos to "Mekkor" for finding that third clip.

    ReplyDelete